The Promo Tour Continues This post will cover Days 29-30

 


How My Writing Journey Began




Like most who loved to write, my love for writing began at a very early age. To this day, I remember creating stories, and fairytales with my Lisa frank stickers as a little girl. At that time it was just something I’d like to do. Later on in highschool, I wrote for our magazine and newsletter. And over the years had a few pieces here and there recognized by a few poetry platforms. But I didn’t take it any further for quite awhile....Why, back then I was too chicken, and honestly got way too overwhelmed by how and where I should start-that continuously pushed it off and thought of my writing as a hobby. While there is nothing wrong with that, I simply hadn’t found the passion to truly light the fuse and go after it. 


It wouldn’t be until 2016, that the stars would seemingly aligned and before I would become an established and sought after content writer for over a dozen online publications; publications that include Yourtango, Yahoo, and the Thought Catalog. In 2017. I began to seriously pursue my love for poetry when I became part of the writing team for the remote publication/internship: The Coffee House Writers. I also became a contributing writer for 5 other platforms where I shared my poetry with the world. 


I’ll leave the links within this post so you can check it out for yourselves ;) I have to say that being a part of the Coffee House Writers Publication has been, and still is one of the best experiences for my career and growth as a writer/poet. I credit the entire team at CHW for how far I have come as a writer/poet these last 3 years. Fastword to 2021, and I am about to launch book one of a 4 book poetry series of MY Work! I am so excited to finally take this leap as an independent author/poet. It is really something truly amazing when the fuse inside if you finally meets your passion, and you overcome your fear and just go for it!  You can Check my work by visiting my portfolios on the site, and you can go to www.coffeehousewriters.com and take a look for yourself at the incredible supportive, creative, and talented group of writers there. Amd don’t forget to mark your calendars for my debut release of book one: Why Can’t I Love You? A Love Story In Poems, coming march 19th 2021. 




Comments