Sharing My Self-Publishing Journey So Far With All Of You- Promotional Day 14 Continues With My Thoughts On The Indie Writer World So Far...





This journey in my opinion, can be summed up in these  four words: "Learn As You Go." I  also believe that; that the roadmap to anyone on the indie artist journey is unique, and everything we do ro naviagte our way through is our own experience to have and share with others. So here it goes. While I agree with planiing and research is key no matter they type of writer you are, I think there will also be a lot of editing in that process as well. As most of you know. I originally was going to publish with lulupublishing.com, but it turned out to be the weong fit for me. So, the very first lession I have learned is the Lesson of Research V.S, The Actual Experience . The truth is you could research until the cows come home, byt the only way you know if something is right for you is if you have the opportunity to experience do it!  

Two Plan and stick to a publishing schedule. The blessing in this process for me is getting a do-over when it comes to really puttung thought into the type of schedule I wantred to create form myself, to help me stay on task.  Here is where I also like ro make an obvious note on how important it is on giving yourself enough time to make the needed changes no mater where you are in the process of writing your book or books. You should never assume things will go without a hitch. Plan For The Hitches. That's why I have a tip dor you, plane all your dates with plenty of space inbetween them to give you and your tram, editor, cover designer, formatter enough time to do their jobs. This is also where you want to be flexible and your schedule at this point should reflect this too.

    You shoukd also keep this in mind when you begin any and all planing for the promotional side of the process why? Because life happens, and it doesn't care about schedules. The indie artist life is not a competirion.   Celebrate your fellow indie artists' success, and remember the journey is one we all take together-let's not make it difficult by allowing our insecurities get invloved, and make it harder for any of us. Be open to learning from others in the boat with you, and take the Criticism and learn with it, Critism Is a great tool in the indie world in my opinion. Here's Why. if it comes from a negative view, then you as the artistic to turn it into a positive.  And most of the time, you learn a lot about yourself as an artist, and as a person. Welcome it, and learn from it.

And lastly, I have learned that the wrong way, or wrong choice can lead you to the right way, and give you another filled space in your book of "lessons learned so far." I hope this helps anyone thinking about entering the indie artist arena. Peace & Love-
Jessica 
    

Comments